Monday, July 28, 2008

Watch Out Phelps!

That is right - the boys completed their first session of swimming lessons! The boys absolutely loved it! We gave them the choice between swimming lessons or baseball for a summer activity, and though the choice was a tough one, they finally settled on swimming lessons.
So in the pictures, the boys were practicing their kicking along the side of the pool. Most of their lessons were focused on teaching them how to hold their breath under water, jumping in from the side, touching the bottom of the pool, and kicking and paddling using floating devises. The boys were continually disappointed at the end of each lesson when they realized that they could still not swim laps like the BIG kids. Though I would remind them every day that they have to learn and practice to get to that point - I knew they were in seventh heaven when, on the last day of lessons, they were finally introduced to the back-float and doggy-paddling. They still can't do that on their own, but they pretty much think they rock, and are sure they are ready to dominate in the olympics. I think for now, we will start with conquering the kiddy pool. :)

Okay, so now let's swing it back over to the girls... After a long day of swimming lessons - okay, so they were only 30 min. long, but for the girls who had to wait for them to be over - it might as well have been all day. Anyway, we were back in the locker room getting the boys showered and dressed, when it occured to me that I hadn't seen the girls for a couple minutes. I left the boys to finish up in the shower, and went to check on the girls. As I rounded the corner into the main dressing area, I found the girls. Yep there they were, standing in front of a full-lenght mirror doing their thing, pretending to do their hair.
Mom - Dad -- you would have been proud! :) I began to chuckle as my mind simultaneoulsy played flashbacks (yes mom and dad, I had the same thought) as well as pictured future teenage years - My heavens, these girls are only 2 and 3! I guess they are getting an early start... :)

1 comment:

McBride Family said...

soo, im sure veryone says it, but wow your boys are all dad and your girls are all mom! and don't even start with teenage years...the sheer thought makes me sweat!