Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our children (well, I guess mostly Ryan and Jonathan) have always been early risers. We feel lucky when the kids sleep in until 7:30 am. Generally a bright and early 5:30-6:00 am is the norm. Even earlier when it is summer - the boys are sure they are supposed to be awake when the sun wakes up.
This morning, we got a fantastic wake up call at about 3:00 am. DELIGHTFUL! The best part, is that the children did not actually go back to bed. They spent the morning watching movies and playing.
By 8:30 this morning - the early morning had caught up to Sarah. The boys made it all the way through school, and then Jonathan fell asleep in the middle of eating his lunch.

5 comments:

The Super Meyer 5 said...

I do not know how you do that. I have always been greatful that my children are good sleepers. I don't feel bad for the kids I feel bad for their parents.

Joanna Barrett said...

And the rest of them got their naps in later that afternoon, so I was probably the one who was on the bright side of your early morning!

Jason and Arwen said...

Evageline is the same. We feel like we won the lottery if she does not wake up at 2, 4 or 6 am. Sometimes she'll be up at all three times in one night for no reason.

Jess and Jen said...

I cannot believe they stayed awake! You didn't mention if you made it through the day! I had to go and wake Ellie up at 10 am the other day. Thank heaven for small blessings!

Sarah H said...

Wow, that's crazy! I am lazy and I'm lucky that my kids sleep in until about 8. How do you do it?