Friday, August 22, 2008

The First Day Of School!

Kindergarten has officially started for Ryan and Jonathan. And yes, I did remember to take along my trusty side kick, the ever present digital camera.
The big adventure started with Kidergarten orientation for the students and parents on Thursday. I remained in the class room with the teacher and other parents while all the new kindergarteners were taken on a tour of the school which ended at the playground. And anybody who allows Ryan and Jonathan to play on any type of a play ground is instantly elevated to "God-Like" status in their eyes, so of course their teacher and the playground aide have immeadiatly become immortal beings as far as Ryan and Jonathan are concerned. (I guess it would be safe to say this relationship obviously got started on the right foot.) As soon as the kids were all in the van, I was not suprised to hear Ryan's enthousiastic reaction which was - "Mom, kindergarten is going to be SO fun!"

Chris (the sweet and sentimental father he will never admit that he is) took the morning off, and helped get the boys off on their big day. They were excited to have Chris along, and he was glad he was able to be there as well.

And so yes, to no avail, here is the fun movie of their first day of kindergarten!! I wasn't able to get a lot of clips, and the clips I did get are pretty shaky because I was usually holding Ethan who was excitedly kicking and graping at the camera -- Sorry, but you will still get the idea.


No comments: