Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Introducing... Chubs!


Yesterday, it was pretty windy outside while Chris and I were busily getting all of the children ready for school. Chris quickly stepped out to feed the dogs and came across quite a big discovery... A HUGE catapillar had fallen out of the apple tree in our back yard, and landed on the cement out there. I have never seen a catapillar this size before. I totally looks like something you would come across in some place like South America in the Amazon or something - it's pretty weird.








So, Chris likes to think he is pretty funny... so he scooped the catapillar up on one of the little toy shovels the kids have outside, and quietly, ever so quietly, snuck into the house and quietly walked up to me and then quickly put the shovel right up into my face!! Ok, I am not a very weak person when it comes to squeamish things -- but bugs and spiders -- there are chills running up and down my spine as we speak... uuugh. Not as bad as Miriam (my sister who makes her 2 and 4-year-old children kill spiders for her) -- I can kill a spider when I see it, I just like to be warned of the situation and have control... Spiders quickly being pushed in may face.... uuugh. Needless to say... Chris definately got the reaction he was looking for! I know it looks totally harmless, but DID YOU CHECK THE SIZE OF THAT BAD BOY!?! At first glance (and knowing a little about Chris and his sense of humor) before I knew what it was - what was I supposed to think?

Once I was able to gather my witts about me once again, we all took a closer look. Of course, the kids thought it was one of the coolest things they had ever seen -- and now they have a new pet to add to their collection of creepy-crawlies. The big guy was granted the name of "Chubs" for obviouse reasons. ( I personally thought the kids should have called it "Duece" -- you should see the size of little steamers this big dude can lay down - I thought Chris had put little pine cones in the jar when I first saw them, who'd have thought the guy was just lookin' for some releif... If you look close you can see them on the bottom of the jar.)

As for Chris and the whole mammoth catapillar in the face joke, ha ha lets see how high Rachel will jump, ha ha watch her run away stunt-- I have dedicated a little song to Chris. It is located below. Just wait Dude... :)





1 comment:

Jess and Jen said...

Totally sounds like Chris the stinker! I finally had to learn not to react.. actually I don't think I did. That thing is huge! I'm glad the boys loved their first day of school- I was thinking about them hoping they were OK!