Friday, February 6, 2009

"100" Celebration!

Every day when the boys go to school, there is a running count of how many days they have been in kindergarten. The class adds a new number each day. This week the boys have been super excited because today (Friday) was going to be the 100th day they have been in kindergarten, so they were going to have a celebration of the number 100. The class was going to have a party. The boys were each supposed to take 100 peices of a treat to share with the class. (They were each prepared with a little luch sack of 100 tootsie rolls.)
Well, last night both of the boys got sick with a little stomach bug. (My DEEPEST appolgies to Joanna who had to clean up a massive vomit mess while she was watching them yesterday)

The boys were doing better this morning, but not completely over it. The news that they had to stay home from school was quite devestating for them. They were both crying about the party they were going to miss.
By about lunch time the boys had perked up a bit, so we deided to have a "100 Celebration" of
our own. It was fun, and the boys had a good time. They kept reminding me how much fun they would have had with all their school friends, but they were still glad we did it. We played games and had snacks and did activities all centered around the number 100. It was fun and I am glad the boys are feeling better!
In the pictures, the kids were eating snacks and counting their tootsie rolls. They also did 100 excercises (10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 jumping jacks, etc.) They were practicing counting in 10's. It was pretty funny to watch. :)




Then Jonathan asked if he could take a picture, so I let him try it out. He was very excited as I showed him how the camera works and he was super proud of himself. He did a very good job for his first try! :) (Hence the picture of me and the girls)


































8 comments:

McBride Family said...

aw! what a great picture! but good job on turning what could be a stinky today into a really fun one! you're the best!

Floyd N Lesli said...

Talk about turning lemons into lemonade! You are a wonderful mother--I'm so proud of you.

Wendy Hegerhorst said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, and all those tootsie rolls to eat, they are one of my favorites. I don't care how old you get Tootsie rolls are great. Just glad I didn't have to do the exercises. Great job of making a sick day fun.

Joanna Barrett said...

Wicka, WickaAwesome!!!Yo! To Fun! Too Cute! And we missed ya on Friday here at my house, but I got to clean out the linen closet--soooo would rather have babysat!

Jess and Jen said...

Bummer! Too bad they missed their party! Looks like they had a good replacement though. Stomach flu si the worst. Keep your fingers crossed!

Jason and Arwen said...

Too bad they missed their party. But what a clever way to have fun with the family.

Joanna Barrett said...

Rach! We are totally on at the same time!! I commented on Shaneece's blog and when I hit post comment button it came up with your comment on there two!! CRAZY!!!!!

Sarah H said...

What a cute celebration you guys had at home! Your boys must have barely made the cut-off for Kindergarten. My don't start till next year and I am feeling quite ready. They are driving me crazy! Is this normal?

Also, I've been trying to figure out how to say this, but I just want to say that you are very blessed to have your five children and even though I have some issues with my births I don't think anything less of my friends that have also had c-sections. I don't mean to sound weird I just had to get that out. You are awesome, and it's been fun seeing a bit of your life in your blog.