Monday, September 1, 2008

The Big Race!!

Finally - the day of the big race has come! The boys have been preparing for this for quite some time, and were very excited to get this show on the road! Very last minute, I decided to go with my sister to get her endowments out that morning, so I was unable to be there. The decision was a tough one -- Temple... Boy's Race... Temple... Boy's Race..., but I decided I would be able to watch the boys run again, but my sister and her endowments were a one-time deal. So, Chris, being the wonderful husband and father that he is, gave up his opportunity to run his race and joined Sarah, Addison and Ethan as the cheerleaders, and volunteered to adhere to very strict camera man obligations so I would be able to have the best of both worlds, and he did a great job! Doesn't he rock!?! Yep, I love that guy...

Ryan and Jonathan did awesome, and had a lot of fun. All the kids who ran got a gold medal, which Ryan and Jonathan are very proud of. (Way to go race planning commity for thinking of all the kids!)

Chris and all of the Horton family had perfect seats just before the finish line, so when Jonathan got to that point of the race, he stopped dead in his tracks - Pass up Grandma and Grandpa, What? It was really cute and pretty funny. The whole family pointed him back in the right direction so he could actually finish the race. When I got home and watched the clips, I replayed that one about 20 times. Oh man, the kids makes my heart smile.



And, without further adieu (SP?), here is the footage that was promised. I had a good time putting this one together, although I couldn't get the music to cut the way I wanted it to - you'll see, oh well. It's definatly fun to watch the children get older and begin to do new things.


No comments: