Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Just Another Day At Work... a pretty grusome picture to follow - I won't feel bad if you skip this post :)

That is right - look a little closer, I really am holding an amputated FOOT!!
Ahhh, the joys of working in the grossing lab in the pathology department. This happened to be a particularly cool day! I was not kidding when I said that we take ANY tissue specimens removed from a patient. Amid all the gallbladders, placentas, and biopsies, this foot was on the line up for grossing as well.

The foot was almost a week old though, so it did have a certian unpleasant smell about it, but I still thought is was pretty awesome!

I TOTALLY love my job!! It is always a different day with new suprises waiting when I get to work. It's great!

4 comments:

Jason and Arwen said...

That is really gross. It is nice to see you still have a smile on your face while holding the foot.

Joanna Barrett said...

Holy Moly!!! Wicked cool Rach, though I know i would never be able to stomach that!!! You and Debbi amaze me, the way you can handle the cool, yet gruesome things. I'm really happy that you enjoy work so much and that it's helping you recognize what it is you really want to do!

McBride Family said...

you're holding a foot. i got nothing, seriously...im pretty sure it makes you hard core that you are a gorgeous mom of gorgeous kids with a fab husband and you are tough enough to hold a foot....but i cant get past the holding a foot part...wow

Sarah H said...

Wow. You are brave.