Friday, November 21, 2008

My Current Obsession...

Between school, the kids, work, and other activities that might come up - night time around here gets pretty hectic, so we usually don't have time to watch some of our favorite shows. Wait - we are actually pretty good at making sure we get "The Office" worked into our schedule. That is a show that we will allow the kids to stay up a little later for, so we don't get stuck reading bed time stories while "The Office" comes on - totally worth it, and the kids don't complain either. :)

So I was catching up on a little bit of past "So You Think You Can Dance"on you tube, and I have become a little obsessed! I was usually at work through the summer when this would come on - so forgive me for being a little out of the loop. :) I made Chris sit with me a couple nights ago to watch some of the dances - and he was sweet to hang with me while I drooled over the amazing talent.
So here is one of my favorites. The dance is not super technical - but the dancers still totally rock it out! The kids think it is me dancing - and OH, HOW I WISH!! It is just the hair that throws them off - I am just lucky I can still teach pre-schoolers how to stand in first position! :)

So enjoy - it pretty much rocks! (I probably said that like 20 times through this post...)

6 comments:

Jason and Arwen said...

That is cute that your kids think it's you dancing. That's a cool dance routine. You could perform it.

Joanna Barrett said...

I totally agree with arp--you could perform that anyday!!!! So the biggest sacrifice I ever had to make is being a young women's leader and having to go to the activities on Wednesday night this summer--I wanted so badly to watch So You Think You Can Dance--I did get to see a few, thanks to Deryk!! This routine makes me want to cry, it's so emotional--LOVE IT

Rachel said...

that is awesome... i wish i could dance... do you want to teach me? i didn't know you danced. we came by two weeks ago but you were up in rexburg area... haha:) come by and visit us next time you are here.

McBride Family said...

um so i love you even more. SYTYCD...fav show. this is my favorite dance of the season, and Mark was my favorite dancer! This dance live was just as amazing! you rock!

Jess and Jen said...

I love to watch people dance! I tried a hip-hop class at the gym once... no coordination what so ever but I like to watch! I'll have to try out that show!

Sarah H said...

Fun! I'm out of the loop on all that stuff.
I didn't know you danced either. I have never been a dancer but I did start going to a hip hop dance class at the YMCA (body jam) and I love it. It's a great workout and it's fun!