Monday, November 3, 2008

Out With Halloween -- In With The Christmas Music Baby!

Ahhhhh, doesn't that sound absolutely wonderful! Absolutely GLORIOUSE!! I have been chomping at the bit waiting for the time to play Chirstmas music - I absolutely love it! I actually cheated a couple time, and I listened to Josh Groban's Christmas music after it snowed back at the beginning of the October. Now it is officially leagal - Christmas music is now allowed!

Mix a little Josh, Celine, Martina, and throw in a bit of Charlie Brown - it's like the voices of angels. And for any of you searching for the ultimate listening experience - Josh Groban and the Mo Tab singing "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" - that is basically like getting front row seats to the dress rehearsal for the cherubic chior haralding in the second comining! AMAZING! Now if only we could work in some of Handel's "Messiah" in there - that would blow anybody away!

Well, I am ready for the wonderful holiday season to get started. I have been asking the kids what they want for Christmas since the beginning of October - secretly getting them as worked up and excited about Christmas as possible! Christmas is like 10,000 times better when you have kids, and each year it gets better as their understanding and excitment grows - LOVE IT! Nothing can top bed time on Christmas Eve, and then Christmas morning when you have kids. To be honest - I have to admit I have to wipe some tears away every year when the kids let their innocence and excitment show. It is certainly a gift to be the parents of such sweet children!

Happy Holidays Everyone! We hope everything goes well this season for every body!

4 comments:

The Super Meyer 5 said...

I have to agree about the Christmas music, I love to hear just about anybody sing Oh Holy Night, especially Martina and Josh.

Joanna Barrett said...

Oh Heck ya!!! I too count down te days 'til I can play Christmas Music and put up the Christmas tree. Luckily I married someone who lets me put the tree up in the middle of november and actually helps me do it too! The tunes of Christmas will be a ringing here at our place!!! The Oak Ridge boys Christmas is still one of my favorites--kind of silly,but it just isn't Christmas unitl I hear thier harmonies join in christmas cheer

Rachel said...

I like to wait till after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music, cause then Thanksgiving doesn't get its fair share of holiday... haha I love reading your blog bytheway, very nice! We need to visit you guys next time we are in Pocatello!

Sarah H said...

I LOVE christmas music too, but I like to wait till after thanksgiving.
Still, your enthusiasm for it made me think I could start busting it out.
Christmas is so fun with kids.