Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ahhh - That Was GOOD!!

Oh, Ya! That is definately the sign that dinner was good - and Thanksgiving certainly was not a disappointment!

We had a great time up in Newdale with the Simper family. Dinner was fabulouse! The desserts were amazing! After we had eaten more than our fill, we all headed out to play night games with all of the Simper family. That was a blast, and even faced with the threat of frostbite on their sweet little toes and noses, the children were disappointed to have to go back inside!


On Friday morning, I was up and at 'em with all my sisters by 4:oo am, ready for the doors to open at JC Penny! We had a GREAT time - mostly just casual shopping and enjoying that we were all out enjoying a day of shopping together without any children - and no reason to fell guilty about it because all the children were at home asleep with the hubbies! By 8:00 a.m. I was able to have completed the remaining Christmas shopping I had left, and the kids were just barely waking up - GLORIOUSE!

Friday night, Chris and I totally wimped out, and rather than brave the weather with the kids for the light parade, we stayed home and played games with the kids and had chips and dip. The kids loved it, and we all had a great time.

Next, it was off to Debbi's house on Saturday night for more games and left over desserts from Thanksgiving. The kids all played with all their cousins, and the adults played some fun games. Chris had a research paper due for one of his classes on Monday, so I went with the kids, and Chris stayed home for some much needed quiet study time.

A fun weekend for all of us. I REALLY am not looking forward to the real world beginning again tomarrow morning! Oh well, a couple more weeks of school, and then a nice break for Christmas, Woo-Hoo!

3 comments:

Joanna Barrett said...

It's true, Turkey makes even the most resiliant children sleep!!! WIsh I could have went to Deb's Saturday. I'm glad it was fun!

Jason and Arwen said...

How cute is that. It sounds like you had alot of fun. I wish I was in Newdale for Thanksgiving so I can see all you guys. Maybe Christmas.

Sarah H said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.
Super cute picture.
I remember when the boys were about two one of them fell asleep at the Thanksgiving table and almost landed in his mashed potatoes.
Wow, and done with all your shopping too? I am lazy compared to you. I don't know how you do it all! (i'm not comparing in a bad way--I like hearing about my amazing friends!)