Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Mom, What is a Master?"

As with any mother of small children - I am constantly being asked question after question about the wonders of this life by my curiouse children. Though I am happy for their curiousity and their desire to learn - sometimes my least favorite word is "Why". Anyone who may not agree - just wait until you have 4 little ones, soon to be 5, asking an endless stream of questions. A lot of times, the questions come so fast and from so many different mouths, it is quite hard to keep up and remember which question I am answering - WHEW!
I do, however, like to answer their questions as fully and honestly as I can. I try to communicate the answers on their levcl without depriving them of the information and explaination they are seeking. So, the other day the kids were watching a show where one of the characters called another character "Master". As soon as I heard the word, I knew there would be a question to follow. Of course, the boys asked "Mom, what's a master?" So I tried to explain how a master is someone who is incharge of another person, place, or thing - the first object lesson that came to mind was the dog. I said "You know, like daddy is the master of Shilo (the dog), he tells her what to do, and she obeys." The kids thought that was pretty funny.
But Chris does a really good job with the dogs we have owned. He always takes the time to feed and walk them. He is a great dog trainer - the dogs we have had have always been very attentive and obedient to Chris, and Shilo is by far the best one yet. Dogs have become a sort of hobby for Chris. I am always impressed with the work he puts into them, and the respect and affection he receives in return. Anyone interested in a good breed of dogs - I would definately recommend a German Shepherd. We have never experienced a dog more willing to obey commands and quietly be a part of the family - Good Call Chris!

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

Oh fun you have a dog. I always get pet hungry around Christmas time.