Thursday, November 6, 2008

One Of My Favorite Moments Of Each Day...

This is one of my favorite moments each day. When we get the boys to school each morning and they are heading over to the playground to play until the bell rings. I can't take my eyes off of them until they have mixed in with all the other children to the point that I can no longer see them anymore and the mothers in the line behind me are about to see how easy it would actually be to push a mini-van out of the way with thier own vehicles...
I love to watch the boys walk away together, always looking to their side to be sure their brother is doing okay. I especially love it when other little boys come running up to them and engage in the "Cool Happenings Of Yesterday" stories. How nice that they get to experience this new phase of their lives with eachother. I know I always loved having Joanna just in the grade above me, and Stephen just two grades behind me.
Watching the boys in the mornings always reminds me of growing up with brothers and sisters always around the corner ready to play or help. For some reason, I always think of seeing Debbi standing in the 4th grade library line when I was in kindergarten, and thinking she was pretty cool. The fun memories of grade school through high school with Jo and Stevo (The Beef-Yo) and all the fun we had. "Hangin' with the friends" in high school naturally meant that those two were going to be the first ones invited! And Josh was always ready and willing to offer creative ideas on how to have fun in small-town Newdale. What fun we all had together!

Moments like this leave me feeling content that all our children were born so close to one another. It certainly gets crazy and tough at times - but I know they will enjoy the love and friendship I knew then with my own siblings and still enjoy now.

By the way chicas - Up for a "Craft Day" - I think we are far overdue!

4 comments:

Sarah H said...

Your boys sound so sweet. Mine seem to fight all the time.
But they take it for granted because they really are lucky to have a playmate all the time.
Your kids will have such fun memories of growing up all close together! How fun.

Joanna Barrett said...

HeCk yA!!! Let's do a craft day soon!! I'm glad we all grew up together to, I have the same planned for my children.

Marilou said...

Look at you! five kids! That is great, congrats :) Thanks for your comment. I have decided not to be nervous and just go with the flow...life is better that way :) If the Lord thinks I can handle twins, then I should be able to...we'll see :)

Jess and Jen said...

How fun! I hope Kaden and Ellie will be close like that. Kaden already is kind of protective of her. I am so with you on the Christmas music! I bought the kids the Chipmunk Christmas cd! Jess will love it!