Friday, September 12, 2008

Standing On His Own!!






Our baby is almost 1 year old, and -- SHOCKINGLY -- I am neither nursing the current child, nor expecting the next one to come! My body has been quite confused these past couple of months. My body has become so used to either being pregnant or nursing - pregnancy / nursing was actually becoming my body's homeostatic state. At this point, my body is not quite sure what to do with itself! And this change is quite alright with me!
Now Mr. Ethan is thinking he is ready to join the ranks, right along with his big brothers and sisters, and walk - free as a bird! And all I have to say is -- That's right little dude! I will not hold you back! If he is ready to begin using his own feet instead of mine, More power to the Eafmister!!!
It is a little sad to see our sweet boy losing his "Babiness", but it is also a little bit of a releif to see the kids growing up an getting a little more independant. If Ethan can walk, perhaps his brothers and sisters won't think it is their sworn duty to carry the poor boy all over the house, causing Ethan to aquire some pretty good bumps and briuses - or at least he can try to get away from them faster if he can walk / run for his life, rather than just crawl as fast as his stumpy little arms and legs can carry him... Ethan, I am rooting for you bud!

1 comment:

Jess and Jen said...

Yeah Ethan! Yeah Rachel! I am jealous that you don't have to be pregnant again EVER. The older Ellie gets the harder it is...