Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our Dancer



Pretty much since we knew we were going to be having a little girl (Sarah) -- ok, maybe since we knew we were going to have children and there was a possibility of little girls -- alright, perhaps when we got married and there was the prospect of having children that could turn out to be girls -- well, either way, I knew I was going to put those girls in dance classes. :) I loved dancing and I have always wanted my girls to know that same joy of dancing. You can imagine my delight when we came to discover that Sarah has an incredible command and control over her body. The girl was sitting up when she was 5 months old, crawling by 6 months, and walking soon after that. She has a serious determination to keep up with her older brothers. For a 3-year-old, Sarah is extremely coordinated - so I know dancing has the possibility of coming easily to her.
One of the best parts -- I actually stopped teaching dance at the Rec Center here in Pocatello after Ethan was born - Things were getting a bit busy at that time. (I taught right through my pregnancies with Addison and Ethan, to whom "summersaults in the womb" took on a whole new meaning. :) ) Now things have sort of slowed down again and I have recovered from my c-section with Ethan, so I am teaching again, and I get to be Sarah's teacher! I love it!
I have a video I am getting ready for Sarah's first days of dance, but it is still in the works - I just couldn't resist the super cute photos of Sarah - so here they are. The video will come later.

2 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

How precious! She definitely has the energy for that but I don't know how you do! You need to slow down and take a break, you're making me look lazy! (Not that it's hard.)

Jason and Arwen said...

She is so cute, just like a mini Rachel.