Monday, October 27, 2008

The Bane Of My Existence!!!

The absolute bane of my existence -- LAUNDRY! Blah, blah, blah,... blah, blah, blah, blah! It is not so much that I mind washing the laundry. That is toally fine. We all need the clean clothes, and I really tend to apprecieate the way a house smells when there is fresh laundry in the air.

But getting around to folding it - that is a totally different situation! Try as I might to keep on top of it, I always end up with lots of clean laundry, and no time to fold it. It is the never ending cycle that gets me every time. Between one small toddler who can't keep an outfit clean for 3 minutes, 2 little girls who think they have to change their outfits every 10 minutes (forget the toy box full of dress-up clothes, the clothes in their dresser are much more appealing,) 2 kindergarteners who feel there is a strict distiction between play clothes and school clothes, and you must wear the appropriate clothing for each situation, and two adults who's clothing gets accesorized by sticky hands, diaper mishaps, burp-up splendor, runny nose comforting, and playing meal time referee - The hampers get quite full at an alarming rate around this house! Oye Vey! I have to do at least a load every day with big laundry days on both Wednesdays and Saturdays just to keep up!
Of all this - My largest pet peeve is when the children decide to look for a certain outfit that may not have been folded yet - and this is what we end up with... Oh well, what can you do, right? At least they do a pretty good job of cleaning that mess up when we ask them to. I guess it is a good thing they are so cute and funny - it's not a bad balance - most of the time. :) Well, I am off to finish my homework - and fold some laundry... :)




5 comments:

The Super Meyer 5 said...

Oh Rach, I totaly get the laundry deal. I hate that ending process. Gather, sort, wash, dry, fold, put away. and by the time that process is complete the hampers are once again full. I feel for you sis!

Joanna Barrett said...

HAHA!! I just did ours yesterday!! I never thought having just one more member of the family would make a difference, but it does--I can't imagine having to do laundry for 7 PEOPLE!!!! Just one more reason for me to only have 2 children :)

Jess and Jen said...

That laundry makes me sick to my stomach! I can't imagine having to do more than I already do! Too bad about Jonathans tooth! Bummer...That is way cool that Ethan is starting to walk! At 10 mos too! Way to go Ethan!

Floyd N Lesli said...

Boy, does that bring back memories! The loveseat was my clean clothes basket for years! The best day of my life was when you kids were old enough to fold your own laundry. Keep plugging away. I promise it gets better. Love you!

Sarah H said...

i am the same. I love washing the clothes but I hate folding laundry! Good luck to you!